Sunday, June 08, 2008

Coyote Nights

Eight years ago, life as I knew it was very different than life as I know it today.

Crazy as it sounds, the night that I saw Coyote Ugly all those years ago, something changed.

In the movie, I saw powerful women taking charge of their lives. Living painfully at times, but really, truly living life. It struck a chord with me because I wasn't living powerfully.

I went to the show with two girlfriends. Jessica and Shari. In the months that followed, the three of us would go out for "Coyote Nights". These nights always involved alcohol, and oftentimes we would find ourselves dancing or just out on the town.

Since those times, I have mastered the art of going out and finding fun, but I still remember those first "Coyote Nights" fondly.

Coyote Ugly has been showing on cable the past couple of weeks and it brought these fun memories to mind.

1 comment:

Dionn said...

I watched the other night too! I love that movie!!

Hooray for Girl Power!! :)