Sunday, June 08, 2008

His World

One of the things that Gareth and I are talking about a lot lately is finding things to share with each other...

He has patent agent stuff, volleyball, golf, and mountain biking (all things that I don't do). I have academic counseling stuff, running, Bachelor night, and now softball (all things that he doesn't do). We are talking about trying an adventure race together sometime, but the only other thing we share is...well, in Gareth's words, "thank God for Guitar Hero!"

Until we find more than Guitar Hero to do together, both of us will have to sacrifice and enter one another's worlds on occasion.

We recently went on a trip to scout destinations for our wedding in Estes Park, CO. While we were there, I had the chance to enter his world.

Estes Park is a hop, skip, and a jump from Rocky Mountain National Park, so we went hiking together...



Gareth talked to me about the reasons he loves the mountains. I snapped this photo just after he told me, "Babe, this is romantic to me"...


Not necessarily what I would have chosen to do with my day, but I ended up having a great time -- and I was so glad to have shared the day with my mountain man.



It was a good thing too, because Guitar Hero wouldn't have fit in our luggage!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the author of this blog,I appreciate your effort in this topic.

Joni & Al said...

That is so sweet! Al and I can relate to the Guitar Hero thing, although sometimes I will be reading a magazine or book while he rocks out. ;)

Buzz said...

Adventure races are the best! RP and I have done three of them and they are great. You guys should try one sometime.