Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Daniel Tosh on Nebraska

I went to see the comedian Daniel Tosh with some of Gareth's friends last month. We enjoyed the show from the balconey of the Paramount Theatre.

I had seen a comedian at the Paramount Theatre before. Chelsey Handler. She was HILARIOUS! I was looking forward to another good show.

Coming off a stressful night of Texas basketball and work happy hours - and still workin' on a buzz, this guy did make me laugh.

That was until one of his jokes took a turn that I wasn't expecting. I was mid-laugh when it all came to an abrupt stop and I thought to myself...
"wait just a second! that's not funny!"

I looked around at Gareth and his friends, and they were all still laughing. No, this - this just isn't funny anymore. I kept listening though and at one point, try as I might, I couldn't help but laugh.

Truthfully, I still can't decide.

Here's a clip. If you know me, you'll know what I'm talking about.



What do you think? Funny? Or not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not funny, not b/c he dissed NE, but b/c there's no substance with it. I've heard a lot of NE jokes, but none that talk about us being fat so it really didn't make sense to me. I think he just picked NE b/c, well, who knows. He could have used just about any state....when he's in omaha, he probably says the same thing about texas! He seems funny, but I didn't get it...maybe that's b/c I'm too busy eating!!!! haha tiff

Mags said...

It's funny if you're a Missouri Tiger, which I am.

Hi, Jane, think we knew each other way back when from work a few (10? Has it been that long?) years ago.

Like your blog! My husband is blog-friends with Mean Rachel, and he pointed me to your site (he remembered you from seeing you at all the volleyball games).
--Margaret