Friday, April 25, 2008

...Before You Understand Me

Thanks for the inspiration, Katie!

  1. My first sport was soccer.
  2. Before that I was a ballerina.
  3. I had an imaginary friend when I was a young girl.
  4. My parents thought it was a sign of intelligence.
  5. His name was Bob.
  6. I went to a Catholic grade school in Kindergarten and 1st grade.
  7. We wore uniforms.
  8. I am more competitive than the average person.
  9. The only reason I learned how to swim is so my younger brother wouldn't win.
  10. My favorite part of volleyball is blocking.
  11. I am glad I don't play anymore.
  12. I have a hard time keeping a clean house, but my car is almost always clean.
  13. I still sleep with a blanket.
  14. My favorite thing to do on a Friday after work is drink a margarita.
  15. My favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon is drink a margarita.
  16. I love my job.
  17. I am not a workaholic.
  18. When I was young, I had a stuffed animal named Cutie Footloose Jackson Patch.
  19. My dad helped me name him.
  20. My dad can be silly.
  21. So can I.
  22. The only place I've visited outside the United States is Australia.
  23. I've been there twice.
  24. Wait - I've been to Canada now, too.
  25. I love the color burnt orange.
  26. I am a Longhorn.
  27. I went to school at Texas - twice.
  28. I played volleyball at Texas.
  29. I work for Texas.
  30. I taught fifth grade for one year.
  31. I hated it!
  32. I admire teachers.
  33. My mom has taught fifth (or sixth) grade for 30+ years.
  34. I don't know how she does it.
  35. I was born in Kansas City, MO.
  36. I lived in South Sioux City, NE until I was in 2nd grade.
  37. I grew up in Omaha, NE.
  38. I have lived in Austin, TX now longer than I have lived anywhere else.
  39. I've been here for almost 14 years.
  40. I can be bossy.
  41. I do not like to be bossed around.
  42. I have run two marathons.
  43. I don't really like to run.
  44. But I discovered that most runners like to drink.
  45. I have a nice smile.
  46. I am tall.
  47. Strangers sometimes tell me I am tall.
  48. I am not a morning person.
  49. Gareth told me this morning that I may be the worst morning person he's ever seen.
  50. I think I have a sleep disorder.
  51. I love to nap!
  52. I have a mild obsession with Matchbox Twenty.
  53. Really my obsession is with Rob Thomas.
  54. I am not a stalker.
  55. I love to have college football on the TV in the fall.
  56. Even if it's just in the background.
  57. I have lost 14 lbs. of fat in the last 8 months.
  58. I like how it feels when I can fit into my clothes.
  59. I may go down a pant size the next time I shop.
  60. I don't like to procrastinate.
  61. I do it anyway.
  62. I have exceptional friends!
  63. I like to say "yes".
  64. I am not afraid to say "no".
  65. I do not like bugs.
  66. They scare me.
  67. I like hip-hop music.
  68. I like a good dj even better.
  69. I visit the dentist religiously, twice a year.
  70. I haven't had a cavity since I lived in Omaha.
  71. Once, I had to have 8 cavities filled.
  72. I am a romantic.
  73. I love to watch a movie or read a book with a good love story.
  74. I like to be funny.
  75. I like it when my friends are funny.
  76. My first bike was pink - with a basket, streamers, and a banana seat.
  77. My road bike is yellow - like a banana.
  78. I still count on my fingers.
  79. I don't cook often.
  80. Mainly because I don't like to go to the grocery store.
  81. Every year, I love the first day of school.
  82. The only thing better is the last day of school!
  83. I like to talk about stuff.
  84. Gareth has asked me before if I am ever going to stop talking.
  85. I don't think I am.
  86. I can type 70+ wpm (words per minute) without error.
  87. It makes me feel pretty when I wear lip gloss.
  88. I have a serious sweet tooth!
  89. I can't resist cookies from Tiff's Treats.
  90. I remember being afraid that I wouldn't learn to read.
  91. I used to love going to the library!
  92. I still love to read.
  93. I love calendars!
  94. I try not to have more than one.
  95. I want an iPhone.
  96. I love tex-mex food!
  97. I could eat it every night of the week.
  98. I have done it before.
  99. I am a perfectionist who looks mainly at her faults.
  100. I am trying to look at positives more often.

    3 comments:

    dr mel said...

    Love it! Great post!

    Unknown said...

    I can't keep my house clean either;-)

    Panther said...

    I can't keep Katie clean, either. Oh, wait....what?

    I love lamp.