Friday, October 05, 2007

One Lucky Girl

One year ago today, I went on my first "date" with Gareth...a bike ride.

In the past year, I have found a lot to love about this wonderful man!


While this is not the complete list, here are a few things that stand out:

He is kind.
He is handsome.
He is strong.
He is trustworthy.
He is fun.
He is athletic.
He is smart.
He is successful.
He has great friends.
He likes to have a beer or two...or more.
He can install a ceiling fan.
He can fix a flat tire.
He makes my computer work.
He likes to buy the top of the line.
He thinks I'm pretty.
He hugs me when I cry, even if he doesn't know why I'm crying.
He picks me up from the airport.
He records Grey's Anatomy for me.
He is learning to appreciate that I love Texas.
He tries to make me happy.
He challenges me.
He puts up with me!

One year ago, Gareth and I only vaguely knew each other. Brief introductions many years ago, chance encounters around town and phone calls left unreturned...

Today, he is my roommate, my friend, and my love.
Today, I don't want to imagine my life without him.

No comments: