Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My First Good Run

I made it to the 14 mile long run this past Saturday.

I ran alongside Loril and Carol the whole way and it was great (relatively speaking)! It was the first run of any kind that felt good since I started training this marathon season. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't horrible either, and I was thrilled about that!

The three of us ran slow enough to enjoy the neighborhoods and weren't afraid to stop at the historical markers on our route. We talked about families and houses and dogs.

To celebrate this running accomplishment, I skipped my workout this morning to sleep in! (Don't ask for the logic behind that move...but for the record, I do intend to make it up on my own tomorrow after work.)


A big thanks to my brother who showed me how to post my run online!

2 comments:

dr mel said...

I'm glad you had a good run! Very cool that you are able to post the details about it online - what kind of "geek-o-meter" are you using? I'm thinking of putting one on my Xmas list.

Jane said...

I have a Forerunner 305 from Garmin. It was a gift from my brother two years ago, and I've loved it!