Tuesday, July 03, 2007

...and so Little Time!

I am looking forward to the Fourth of July! ...to a day off!

The whole day - to do anything I want to do. It seems like an infinite amount of time as I sit here on a Tuesday afternoon, waiting for tomorrow to arrive.

Whenever I have a day off, inevitably, "my eyes become bigger than my stomach". I accumulate a list of things to do that becomes so long and so unreasonable that I end up frustrated. I find myself sitting on the couch, watching movies, and doing nothing...after all, it IS my day off :-)

Here is my list for this day off...

What I HAVE to get done:

- trip to the grocery store
- quality run workout (that I'm supposed to do tonight and won't)
- swim (since I just signed up for a tri this weekend, yikes!)
- fireworks downtown

What I also WANT to get done:

- sleep late
- watch a movie or two
- turn in my keys to the old roomie
- get at least one part of the house "settled"
- buy some new lamps
- order photos
- read a good book

So, here's to hoping that I find the energy to tackle these lists tomorrow. I will probably find myself on the couch for an hour or two, but that's okay...I've still got a shot at being productive!

Always so much to do...

1 comment:

Kris said...

Oh, yes, the ambition a day off instills! I have today and tomorrow off, and my to do list is aggressive and lengthy, too. So far the biggest accomplishment is cleaning out the closet--yay!

Good luck with your list, Jane!