Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Trip for Two

Gareth and I just returned from a vacation in Banff Springs, Canada.

As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with breathtaking views of the Canadian Rockies! Here are three of my favorite photos...



We went canoing at Lake Louise, mountain biking on the Spray River Trail and Sundance Canyon, white water rafting on the Kananaskis River, and hiking through the town of Banff. Gareth even indulged me for a trip to the hotel spa together!

Here's my mountain man during one of our bike rides.

The best part of the trip for me was having time to spend with Gareth. It was so surprising, that sometimes we didn't know what to do with ourselves!

The grind of everyday life sometimes makes it tough on us to find that time together...our jobs, housework, exercise routines, and time with our own friends often get in the way.

For these five days, though, it was so nice just to be with him...

5 comments:

JohnF said...

Nice pictures. I went there for a week a few years ago, but it rained a lot and the clouds never cleared, so I never got to see the mountain tops - which makes all the difference for the scenery.

dr mel said...

Sounds fun and relaxing! I'm glad that you got to get away together!

foodierachel said...

Wow that sounds amazing! We might have the check that place out.

Panther said...

That's where my first wife and I went on our honeymoon! I miss Canada.

holly said...

We are planning a trip to Banff! I didn't know that was where you went. Your pictures look awesome.