Friday, June 08, 2007

Welcome Transitions

Nobody likes change.

Isn't that how the saying goes? As I look back to consider this thought, I can certainly pinpoint a few changes in my life that were not entirely welcome.

- the end of my volleyball career
- the beginning of life in the "real world" (i.e. no summer vacations)
- friends leaving town
- roommates getting married

For me though (most of the time), change is exciting! I have far more transitions in my life that I have looked forward to and embraced. Change is a chance for a fresh start, it is hopeful, it promises new, better, fun-er experiences!

I am currently going through a number of transitions.
Each one of them is very much welcomed...

- time spent on the completion of my Masters degree -> time spent training
- a new office at work and new responsibilites
- a new home! I move in with Gareth this month :-)

Hopefully each of these things will bring a little bit bigger smile to my face.

As I say good-bye to the journey of my education, to the comfort of the niche I have found in my career, to the independence that I have experienced living on my own...I am looking forward to the opportunities for health, growth, and love.

Some people do like change. For now, I am one.

1 comment:

MW said...

Who moved my cheese?!?

2006 was my year of change. Change hit me so hard in the face, I still have George Washington indentations on my forehead.