Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Save The Lights

I have what one friend has called an extremist personality.

When I decide that I like something, it becomes near impossible to change my mind. Sometimes, even to change my own mind. See for yourself...

I once ate dinner at Taco Bell for 6 weeks straight. Same order every night.

I have seen the same band perform the same concert 3 nights in a row.

I have watched the same movie every night for a month straight.

I have been known to listen to the same song on repeat. Ad nauseam.

The latest installment of extremist behavior is my newfound LOVE of the TV show Friday Night Lights. Gareth and I started DVRing it at the end of last season and have recently rented the entire first season to catch up.


We have been watching these shows for the past two weeks. Sometimes after pleas of, "only one more episode," staying up until 2 or 3AM. We are 1/2 way through disc 4 (out of 5). It has become somewhat of an obsession. I start to think about it an hour or so before I leave work. I plan dinner so that we can watch TV while we're eating. I have fallen in love with some of the characters. I have started to recognize parts of myself in others . I even had a dream two nights ago that Coach Taylor was my new volleyball coach. Seriously.

Talk is that the show might be canceled. If this happened, I would be devastated! This is, by far, the best show I have watched in a very long time. Real characters with real issues that hit close to home.

My favorite comedian loves it! VH1's Best Week Ever has started a petition to save it. I don't know what else to do, but I'm just not ready for the show to be over.

Save the Lights!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was funny Jane. Ask your brother about sleepless nights watching Lost. :) We can relate.

dr mel said...

We love Friday Night Lights, too! I would be so sad if it got canceled. Enjoy getting caught up on the episodes!

Kris said...

Yay!!! Someone else loves this show! Best thing on TV in ages. I went to the save FNL petition and signed it. Who knows if it'll help, but it can't hurt.

Shorey said...

You are too funny!