Saturday, February 09, 2008

Preparation Begins

Tonight I'll be on a bus ride, making my way through the marathon course. I'll listen closely to insight from Coach Sisson and the race director...then onto the Rogue pep-rally at Ringers.

This is the week that it starts to sink in. The week when six months of training comes together.

I have not trained as well as I did two years ago. I've missed more runs than ever and don't think that I ran on my own once. I am, however, much stronger. Stronger than I have ever been. I am curious to see how these two factors come into play on race day.

I was talking with my running partners last week about why I was doing a second marathon. Of the three of us, we'd all done two or were about to do the second. I told them that I had decided I didn't want to be a person who just ran one marathon. I didn't want to just check it off my life list...I want to become a marathoner.

Next week, I will be on the course. Running. It might not be pretty, but it will be me. Laying it on the line. To become a marathoner.

4 comments:

MW said...

I share those feelings exactly!
: )

foodierachel said...

Yeah! Go get 'em tiger!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I'll be at mile 8 and at the finish. I can't wait to cheer you on.

Unknown said...

'Trust in your training, Frank!'

I'll be at mile 18.8 at the Rogue/Malawi water stop...I can't wait to cheer for you!!!