Monday, January 14, 2008

It was the Weekend

Occurred November 2007

For my birthday this year, I decided to drink Mexican Martinis with my best girlfriends. Birthday on Thursday, we hit the town the following Saturday night! It started off strong at the first location. Hair in place, sassy outfits, queso and guacamole...and our first drinks!


The plan was 6 Mexican Martinis at 3 locations. Only three drinks in, at the second bar, Lindsey and I begin spilling on each other...accidentally, of course. I lose track of the fact that there are actually other people at the table as the two of us begin to make fun of anyone we can think of and giggle hysterically at our own inside jokes. Obviously, we're very mature.

To make a long story short, I only made 3 1/2 - 4 drinks depending on whether you count the part that I spilled. We cut the night short...at about the point I started needing to close one eye to see anything.

I was thankful for the designated driver that night and almost fell out of my clothes on my way to bed . All in all, a good birthday celebration!...wish I had the "after" photos.

On birthdays like this one, I can't help but remember one of my brother's best EVER one-liners...

Five years ago

Me: (hungover, depressed, and ashamed of myself after one of my first drunken birthdays - looking to my brother to confirm that I'm not going to hell for this) "It's my birthday, right? I can drink whatever I want when it's my birthday. This doesn't mean I'm a bad person, right?"

John: (cool, calm, and collected...and shocked that anyone would even ask such a question) "I mean, yea. It's the weekend."

Alcohol has been a part of every birthday since. God bless John.

5 comments:

dr mel said...

Happy Birthday, Jane! Hope the upcoming year is the best yet for you. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

We're awesome.

Shorey said...

Happy birthday! Glad you had a great time!

Dionn said...

As it should be, girlfriend. As. It. Should. Be.

YEA for birthdays and alcohol! WOOT!

Joni & Al said...

Love that quote! So true. :)