Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My World Right Now

I stole this idea from Kris, but hope she doesn't mind...

I'm wondering if the contents of my desk says anything about my life. Hmmm? If so, here's a glimpse into mine right now:
  • framed photo of me and my sweetie
  • Peace of Mind candle from Origins that burned out today
  • notes on the group review sessions that I have scheduled and need to schedule for the last week of school and finals period
  • an opened bag of Starburst
  • post-it notes waiting to be used
  • my file of loose end items for mentors and tutors
  • my list of part-time staff to reappoint next Spring
  • an empty notepad
  • office phone
  • adding machine (the accountant in me couldn't refuse it!)
  • pen holder with pencils and pens - all colors of the rainbow
  • a lamp inherited from the co-worker who officed here before me
  • a limestone business card holder with the Longhorn trademark, stocked with business cards (in case anyone forgets how important I am - ha!)
  • a candy jar - filled with Peanut M&M's and peppermints
  • a reference that needs to be delivered across campus this week
  • a sympathy card for a co-worker who recently lost his mother-in-law
  • tutor reports that need to be filed
  • bamboo plant - that has thrived for years but started withering in the past few weeks
  • tape dispenser
  • stapler
  • water bottle - just less than half-full of water
  • work cell phone
  • stray pencils, pens, highlighters, and binder clips
That is a surprisingly long list...and what's most shocking is that my desk is relatively clean right now?! I don't know what it means, but there it is.

No comments: