Sunday, April 15, 2007

Done Already?!

I've been working on my writing for the past 2 hours or so. I have the data coded for my meeting with my advisor tomorrow like she asked me (which is rare that I actually get an assignment done on time), so that's good.

I have been to the library. Took a 15 minute nap for motivation, then made great progress acutally. My methods section is now complete (the draft at least) and it's a good 6 pages long. I tried to stop by the co-op to rent my graduation attire and buy invitations, but it was closed.

After that, I tried to stop by Betty's Sport to look at a new cycling outfit for this weekend, but it was closed. I drove by the Concert at Waterloo twice on my way to and from Jack & Adam's (which was also closed) where I was trying to by gear for next weekend also.

Not very productive errand-wise.

So now, I'm sitting at a coffee shop, drinking a beer, and thinking about what I have left to do on my thesis tonight. The reference book that I need is at my boyfriend's house. I guess that I should head that direction and find a quiet corner to keep cranking.

I'll have to make myself a margarita while I'm there. I've discovered that I'm really good at making them. I like to think that there is a little bit of soul poured into my work when I have one during the process. Am I right, professor?

As random and interesting as this day has been. I'm ready to be done!

6 comments:

MW said...

i'm thinking of starting a club for lone drinkers. you drink alone, then report back to the club.
there are no meetings because it would defeat the premise of the club.

Buzz said...

Isn't that called AA?

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes. Just say no to "soulless writing." You are almost finished! Cheers to you and the project, --sj

Lulu said...

You need to come over to my house and make ritas for us - that would be fun!!

Unknown said...

I need to start study hall next week...maybe we can make Gareth's house the place, this way we could enjoy your delicious margaritas;)

Jane said...

Gareth's house = disaster zone, (with a lot of potential, but disaster zone nonetheless).

I'm thinking margaritas on 5/4!

Anyone with me? I'll make 'em. I'll drink 'em. It's gonna be great!