Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A New View

It has been a rough day today!

Students and coaches have been acting squirrely, and I've had to deal with it. Failing grades are coming in, students not attending classes are being discovered, poor study habits and poor decisions are starting to bite students in the but! A cornucopia of problems.

A bit overwhelming...

On days like today, I need to try to think of something positive!

I cannot let myself dwell on the fact that I have my own problems and deadlines to deal with. I have a huge paper due in just 5 weeks! I have an entire room full of dirty clothes that need to be washed, I have plenty of friends and a handsome boyfriend that I would much rather be spending time with right now! I can't worry about those things.

Something positive...and today this is what I came up with:


In a few months (okay close to a year), my new office will be located here! It will be all new. I will have a new desk, and new walls, I'll have a new kitchen area, and a new walk from my car. I'll have a few new students, and I'm guessing a couple of new co-workers. Hopefully I'll have a new window with a new view.

Until then, I have to adjust my perspective from my current view...and keep at it. I have to keep doing my job. Keep cheering, keep encouraging, keep leading, keep on it.

I have to make my current view...newer.

I'm guessing that a margarita can help with that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Margaritas always give a better view on life;)

Kris said...

Will they give you a margarita machine in your new office? I think you should ask for that.

Lulu said...

I thought you were going to say, "In just 5 months and 1 Day Texas Football starts".

Jane said...

No, I was going to say...in just 4 hours and 45 minutes, I am going to crack open the first cold beer of the weekend!

MW said...

You should have said, I wonder where Wiley's seats will be this year while they build my new office, with my new view, my margarita machine and my reason for cracking open beers.

Because he really wonders that as no one at the Ticket phone number seem to care to want to give me an answer.