Friday, March 23, 2007

A Balancing Act

There is no doubt that it is a busy time of year.

The weeks after Spring Break are notorious for flying by and dragging on at the exact same time...it is a phenomenon that noone quite understands.

I am rushing to finish my thesis before the semester flys by, but the days drag on as I wait for my students to finish their semesters (the same semester that I'm working on!).

Is that possible?!

I have a lot of work to do this weekend. Even so, there is no way I can feel good about my life if I don't balance my work with some fun!

This is my plan:

Work
Laundry
Getting Rid of Clutter
Thesis: Revisions - Lit Review; Data Entry
Helping Gareth Move

Fun
Rosedale Ride
Capitol 10K
NCAA Basketball w/Lindsey
Champagne & Tequila

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is an agressive plan for one weekend! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Randomly came across your blog. Good luck with the thesis...I did mine a few years ago.
Have fun in the 10K!

Erin said...

Way to kick butt at Rosedale, Jane! I'm so glad we got to celebrate your ride yesterday... I'm very excited for you and your newfound enthusiasm for biking. (I relate!)

Lulu said...

You forgot beer in your list of fun.

Great job Saturday!!!!

Jane said...

The ride knocked me on my butt Sat! I had to walk the last mile+ of the Cap 10K on Sun -- made for a more interesting experience though :-)

I did forget to blog about the beer - but I did not forget to drink the beer! Thank God for that...

Lulu, Erin (& Panther) - thanks for celebrating my first ride with me at Vivo's!! We'll do it again!

Lulu said...

I saw you are the start yesterday and yelled for ya - but you had headphones on.

The ride knocked me out too - I fell asleep before 8PM Sat night!

Anonymous said...

We should look into race-walking after our performance on Sunday. And our team uniform will be jorts and tank tops. Duh.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.