Monday, June 19, 2006

I (Heart) Austin

Just back from a GREAT trip to Florida with my girlfriend Lindsey...

We had a great time relaxing on the beach!
Slept until 11am most mornings.
Enjoyed plenty of cocktails.
I met Lindsey's friends from college!
All-in-all, an A+, success of a vacation!

Still...

There's something about Austin, you can't help but miss when you're gone. I would like to try and describe it here, but I just can't come up with the right words or the best story. I suspect that Mike is better at this than I am.

I was at a beautiful beach for the past six days and I couldn't help but think about this city...the people, the food, the feel of Austin. I know that I was meant to live here. Since the day I stepped foot into this city (August 1994), I have not once considered leaving it.

I love that I can stop in just about anywhere and have good queso and a great margarita! I love that I can wear flip-flops and forget to comb my hair and no one will notice...well, maybe they notice, but they don't care. I love that on any given night, there is a chance I'll run into someone I know. I love that this is my home...and every time I leave, it welcomes me back.

I (heart) Austin.

2 comments:

chumly said...

Sounds nice and you are lucky.

Anonymous said...

If you hated Florida that much, you could have just said something. What was it...the white trash at the Tavern or the 16 year old grabbing your butt downtown?