Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Time with Family

I used some of my vacation time this summer to visit my brother at his home in Kansas City. Actually, he and his girlfriend live in Olathe, Kansas...just outside of KC. We only had a few days, but it was a great vacation!

I enjoyed sushi for the first time. Went to a yoga session where I did my first head stand. Got to spend some good "out" time with John & Cati. Visited a winery one afternoon. Enjoyed a great Italian dinner with my parents. Introduced the whole crew to the way we make ritas here in Austin (Mike you'd be proud!)...and from what I can gather they're hooked! Was treated to a fabulous steak dinner...

And made a trip to the botanical gardens just outside of KC.

Where we played...

We laughed...

And we let Mom take photos of us (I think this is the 3rd try) ;-)

Thanks for such a nice trip, John & Cati...
I can't wait to host you both during ACL weekend!!

6 comments:

Mike said...

ACL after party at the Shire (my place), every night!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun time Jane! Looking forward to ACL...I better start tanning so I don't turn into a big red lobster :)

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say yes, we're hooked on the margs and - they are a mind eraser for me. I can't remember anything after I share a pitcher with John. Surprise though, little to no hangover the next day!!

Jane said...

It's gonna be a blowout weekend!!

Mike, thanks for the invite...
I'm sure we'll take you up on the offer.

Mike said...

Sweet, ritas at my house, ACL weekend. Details to come, becoming details to be forgotten.

MW said...

i like trips to visit family. I just need to get of my @$$ and plan them more often.