Friday, May 05, 2006

Snooze

I have made it a habit of pressing the snooze button – for at least an hour every morning! I don’t know if I am going to bed too late, setting the alarm too early or just being lazy. I suspect that it is some combination of all three.

Every night on my way to bed, I honestly say to myself, “Tomorrow I’m going to be to work by 7:45am. If I get out of bed by 6:15am, I can make it in plenty of time. That's easy.” Then, every morning at 6:15am, I start the dance.

What is that noise and how do I get it to stop?!...

I’ll just snooze one more time...

I don’t think I need to iron my clothes today...

Just three more minutes...

Okay, this is the last time...

And before you know it, it’s been an hour. By this time, it’s 7:15am and now I’m going to be late if I don't start moving. I know that I can wake up early. I do it for all of my races on the weekend. I just can’t figure out how to make a habit of it during the week.

It might just be that I have problems, although this is not news to me.

Good night, wish me luck in the morning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo!Hoo! I'm not the only one. I keep thinking this time I'll get up on the first buzz and well, i start the process all over again each and every day. Lemme know if you figure out the trick.