Monday, May 15, 2006

Golden

Today was the day!

I got the email last week and marked my calendar so fast I almost fell out of my chair. This would call for me to be awake and on campus earlier that I'm used to, but if needed I would have been here at 5:30 this morning. Today PTS handed out summer parking permits...the golden ticket. When I say "handed out," I actually mean "let us pay $30 for," but it's still exciting! Don't tell anyone, but I would have paid more.

Instead of spending between 7-10 minutes every morning walking from my parking garage, I have upgraded to a surface permit. I am now right across the street, cutting my walk time down to less than 5 minutes. It put a smile on my face and a little skip in my step and I suspect that it will be this way all summer long!

To those of you who do not try to park on campus, who have a spot right outside your office, it is likely you think that it is stupid for me to get so excited about a parking pass. For those of you who know the perils of campus parking...angry attendants, special events, a hundred permits sold for each single space just so you can walk for 10-20 minutes across campus from the best spot you can find...those of you who know can probably feel the butterflies in your stomach. You are jumping up and down right now for me and giving PTS the middle finger!

For the next three months, I'm golden!

3 comments:

Mike said...

I am glad you got the word peril in there. Peril is a good word.

Anonymous said...

So by Golden, do you mean it looks like a Willy Wonka ticket?

Jane said...

That's exactly what I mean! Golden - Willy Wonka style :-)