Friday, April 30, 2010

The Music City

I spent last weekend in Nashville... and I'm exhausted!!

We kicked off the weekend with a family reunion. Five of my Winkel cousins, my brother, and I ran the Country Music Rock & Roll Half Marathon together on Saturday. We survived the distance

...AND the weather!!


But the very best part was getting to visit, to catch up with one another, to know each other again. It didn't take long to remember why I loved running around with them all as a young girl...

Each one has turned into a remarkable adult.


On Sunday, I reconnected with a dear friend over coffee. I haven't seen Jessica in nearly 7 years. We spent a few short hours catching up with one another. Sharing our joys and hopes for the future.

She is just as kind and loving and beautiful as I remember.


Jessica happened to suggest a Starbucks in Brentwood, TN. Just a few blocks from the office building of one of my very favorites: Dave Ramsey. It wasn't nearly as exciting as it would have been to visit during office hours, but it still made me smile.

A big thanks to my brother who was kind enough to assist with the drive-by...


It was a wonderful weekend in the Music City.

1 comment:

Sean Kinch said...

Jane,
Glad to hear that you enjoyed Nashville, a town that has grown on me so such a degree that I no longer feel uncomfortable calling it home (though still, when we visit Austin, I say we're "going home"). Did you stay in the Brentwood area? One recent improvement in Nashville: Chuy's opened up down in the Cool Springs area. An Austin reminder in the Tex-Mex wasteland.
peace,
Sean