Monday, August 17, 2009

Banana ♥'s Panther

I ran my first marathon in February 2006.

It was six months prior to that, though, when I met my running coach (Panther) for the first time. He trained me, encouraged me, and...yes, nicknamed me!

You can call me Banana if you want, too. I'll answer.

I gave up running last year, when my job became too demanding. I didn't actually miss the running, but I did miss the team and my coach.

I decided to get back in the game just recently. I started running with Panther two months ago and am training for the San Antonio half marathon in November.

I still have a hard time with the early mornings and the heat, but I'm getting back into it, and...being a part of Riff Raff helps!

Panther is featured here in the Austin American Statesman today.

Check him out. You'll end up wanting to run and/or drink with us, too!

No comments: