Sunday, January 04, 2009

Dave Ramsey

I was introduced to Dave Ramsey about six months ago. I wasn't actually introduced to the man, but introduced to his message. I watched the documentary Maxed Out and Dave came on at the end to share his Baby Steps toward Financial Freedom. I bought in and it seemed easy...until I tried it. I didn't even last through the first month. It was H-A-R-D!

I am in his online class right now. Only on the 4th lesson, but already I am learning something. These are some of his one-liners that are my favorite...

"Live like noone else, so that later you can LIVE like noone else!"

"I want to find out what rich people do to get rich. Don't tell me what your broke friends think you should do. They're BROKE!"

And today, with tears in my eyes, I listened to his lesson on paying off debt. He was talking about "Gazelle Intensity". He was running around the stage like a crazy man describing the attitude needed to kick debt (imagine National Championship passion). He said, "You have to sell stuff, you have to change your thinking, you have to kick it! That's how you get it done. RUN! DO IT! TAKE YOUR LIFE BACK!!"

Maybe I'm the only one in this situation, but I don't think so. Either way, I'm taking my life back. I'm doing it Dave's way -- and I'm going to scream, "I'M DEBT FREE!" sooner than anyone thinks (even me).

This is my New Year's Resolution.

1 comment:

Joni & Al said...

You go girl! It truly is liberating, good luck!