Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Facebook Clarity

I signed up for a Facebook account, half-heartedly, a few months ago...maybe six. It didn't even take 24 hours before I had a friend from high school "friend" me. In the single request, I was hooked.

142 friends later...

Two friends found me recently. Friends I knew from college. Friends I knew, it seems, an entire lifetime ago. Friends who really never knew ME.

It has me thinking about that period of my life...

How badly I wanted to be included.
How terrified I was of others' opinions of me.
How much that fear controlled my life.
How little I really knew myself.

One divorce, a handful of jobs, plenty of happy hours, and two marathons later, it has me thinking something else, too...

Today, I love the person I am!
...regardless of whether anyone else does.

5 comments:

erin said...

beautiful. inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I love the person you are!

MooreWorld said...

Awwww....but for the record, you were beautiful then, inside and outside, whether you knew it or not. I love you, dearly, then, now, and tomorrow. (I should be hired by hallmark!)

Shorey said...

you are definitely loved, Jane!

Dionn said...

we love you Jane!!