Sunday, August 10, 2008

Long Distance Relationships

I left Omaha, NE for Austin, TX 14 years ago this month.

My parents still live in my hometown and my brother and sister-in-law are a few hours South in Olate, KS. One of the questions I get quite a bit once friends learn that I live so far from home is, "how often do you see your family?"

Considering it takes between 10-15 hours to drive from Austin, I think it's quite a bit. See what we've done this year...

Surprise! It's John's Birthday

Memorial Day

Cousin Lindsay's Wedding

...and the year isn't over yet!

2 comments:

Shorey said...

I have family in Kansas, and about 100% of the time, it's my responsibility to travel to them if I want to see them. I'm thankful that I can do that. I don't see them as much as I'd like to, but it's so worth it when I do. It's good that you get to see your family on non-traditional days too (more than just Christmas, Thanksgiving).

Anonymous said...

Jane, this is so fun. It is great to get to know you a little bit since you don't live here in Colorado. I look forward to meeting in person...looks like we've got lots in common. I LOVE cupcakes, road trips and San Francisco! See you soon.