Monday, August 20, 2007

Finding Order

I am a first-born. A type A personality. I like forms and procedure. I like having a place for everything. I am logical. I like to know that if A happens, I should proceed to B. The only problem is...

Life isn't always so cooperative.

At the end of May, I moved into a new office and took over new responsibilities at work. Since then, I feel like I have been able to find some semblance of order. I feel like I have been able to develop a routine that will help me through these first weeks of school and first long semester months of this job. It will be a stretch, but I will be able to manage.

I moved into a new house in June. I have never been good at unpacking, but this particular move has presented additional problems. I moved in with a man...who had already lived in this house. So now, I'm not simply finding a place for all of my things...I'm "negotiating" a place for my things.

After looking at the piles still left unpacked, things that I have yet to deal with, I realize that I am becoming tired. I don't really like living in the mess, but I'm too tired right now.

Hopefully soon, I will find renewed strength and bring order to my home in the same way I have managed to bring order to my office.

Yes. Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

I can totally relate to this! I still have crap in my car from when we moved into the house in April. That is sooo not my personality either. I think that I've mellowed out a lot and my priorities have changed over the past couple of years though. It's no longer the most important thing for me to have the cleanest house or be the most organized...and I'm okay with that. Other things have become more important.