Friday, September 15, 2006

Priorities

John and Cati arrived in Austin last night - smack in the middle of rush hour traffic. There was some confusion about getting a key to my place, finding the apartment, making sure that his car didn’t get towed...boring, logistical stuff like that.

I called when I was leaving work about 45 minutes later to check in on them. Worrying about whether or not they survived the logistical nightmare, if they had made themselves at home in my place, if they found everything they needed, were either of them hungry because they couldn’t find any food?! As I am about to launch into my list of questions, my brother tells me,

“Yea, we’re doing great. We found the beer.”

Great work, John! Always tuned into what's really important.
I have a lot to learn from him about finding the beer, and

I love him for it!!

2 comments:

MW said...

Beer is a priority to anyone on vacation.

Buzz said...

You know, some of us suddendly have a lot of time on their hands and can really only do stuff at a computer, please update your blog so I'm not as bored for a few mins. Thanks.

Tim