Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Seeing Stars

Yesterday's Workout:
warmup to Texas School for the Deaf
10 X 300m at 1 mile pace
100m recovery after each 300m
NO WALKING
cool down back to RunTex

The point of this workout, I was told, is to prepare the body to buffer the lactic acid that builds up during a race. If your legs feel like dead weight, I was told, keep pushing through! If you can't breathe...well, only then should you walk during the recovery.

Great! Hopefully I can keep breathing...should be a fun workout?!

I ran the first 300m right at my pace. Second 300m, I'm pretty sure was at pace, too. Tim had to drop out after the second lap because of a shooting pain from his hip to his knee. I was sorry that he was hurting, but I was even more sorry that he had to drop out...because he was my watch for this workout. I have no idea whether or not I ran the rest of the workout at pace or not, but I tried my very best. I didn't start seeing stars until after the 4th 300m and I didn't walk until after the 6th. I only walked during this one recovery. All-in-all, a successful workout. No pain in my knee, no giving up, no vomiting.

Proceed to happy hour at Aussie's. Good job!

1 comment:

Buzz said...

You left out the part about me offering you my watch, besides, I think you went faster than what we were doing when I was looking at the time. Good job!