Thursday, November 09, 2006

Stress Less

I know that I am stressed right now. My body is telling me that I am stressed. The only problem is that I can't pinpoint what exactly is stressing me. Although, I have a few ideas...

My Thesis - I come back to my thesis, over and over again. This is just hanging over my head and I can't seem to shake it. I guess if I finish it, I'd shake it, but in the meantime it is nagging. It aggravates me. I can't think how I'm going to make it happen and then I just ignore it. I've given myself one more semester. This Spring...I think that I can get this done!

My Job - Sure, I've been working long hours this semester and on occasion I have had really stressful moments when dealing with certain students, but this is nothing that feels very different from the stress that I used to feel when I was a student-athlete, trying to balance school, sport, and social life. Besides, I love my job!

My Thesis - I just moved into a new house. I love the new place, but packing all of the things you own into boxes just so you can unpack them is for the birds! I hate it. It is possibly one of the things that I hate most in life and I've been dealing with the move for the past 3 weeks...still am not fully unpacked.

If anyone who knows me has any insight into why I might be stressed right now, please let me know. And more importantly, I want to hear what I can do to reduce the stress in my life!

Stress = no bueno.

6 comments:

MW said...

Margaritas = Strees free life
Pub Run next Thursday.

Anonymous said...

1. Margaritas = yes.
2. Thesis (in spring) = yes.

Happy to help with 1 & 2. Your big fan, --sj

Jane said...

Well, there you have it!

It's my schoolwork that has been stressing me out. My Freudian slip reveals it to me. My 2nd "My Thesis" was supposed to say "My Move".

Sharon! Will you help me ASAP? I bet I can get a good jump on it before the Christmas holiday and put this thing behind me once and for all!!

Jane said...

And...bring on the margaritas!

Buzz said...

I would think that your stress level is inversly proportional to the amount of times you've hung out with me the past few months. Lots of drinking with Tim equals low stress. It's just an observation.

Anonymous said...

I bet Buzz is right.
Wiley